UHL staff asked to self-isolate

first_imgNumbers of Limerick hospital group staff sidelined by COVID-19 reduces by 162 in past 7 days WhatsApp Designed by FreepikIT HAS been confirmed that staff at University Hospital Limerick have been asked to self-isolate if they were in contact with anyone who has tested positive for the Coronavirus.Four members of one family from Clare are being treated in the hospital and it has also been confirmed that people the HSE consider contacts include patients who attended Zone A (minors) of the Emergency Department in UHL between the hours of 10am and 2pm on Wednesday last, February 26 and they are being contacted directly. Patients in any other area of the Emergency Department or the wider hospital are not considered to be contacts.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Patients who attended a small number of other health services are also being contacted by public health in line with procedure.Among this wh are being asked to self-isolate are a number of hospital staff who had contact with the confirmed case.General advice and information on COVID-19  for members of the public is available on www.hse.ie\coronavirus  and the vast majority of people in the MidWest can access all the relevant information here. TAGSCoronavirusfeaturedself-isolateUHL Print NewsBreaking newsUHL staff asked to self-isolateBy Bernie English – March 6, 2020 4457 Government announces phased easing of public health restrictions Linkedin “There is extreme overcrowding in UHL this morning” – UHL Twittercenter_img Previous articleCouncil strategy to bring new life to city centreNext articleLeo Sayer on a Selfie Tour Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. Limerick health chiefs urge public not to withhold information on virus contacts, as they investigate “complex and serious outbreaks” across midwest region Advertisement Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Email No vaccines in Limerick yetlast_img read more

Why Serena Williams wore a catsuit to the French Open

first_img Written by May 29, 2018 /Sports News – National Why Serena Williams wore a catsuit to the French Open FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailAurelien Meunier/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Serena Williams on Tuesday was back on the tennis court for the first time since giving birth to her daughter last year, but it was her outfit that made the biggest impression on fans.To mark her big return, the tennis star, who beat Kristyna Pliskova of the Czech Republic in the first round of the 2018 French Open, wore a black bodysuit fit for a superhero.In an Instagram post, she explained that her outfit was meant to inspire other women in her position.“Catsuit anyone? For all the moms out there who had a tough recovery from pregnancy—here you go,” she wrote. “If I can do it, so can you. Love you all!!”Williams, 36, gave birth to her daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr., in September 2017, and has not played in a major tournament since. It was revealed last week that the 23-time Grand Slam winner had dropped from No. 1 to No. 453 in the Women’s Tennis Association rankings during her maternity leave. Still, her coach said in an interview on May 14 that Williams had been “improving in all areas fast” and “will be ready” to play.“Serena will play the French Open to win it,” he said. “Can she do it? Serena can achieve anything — after being her coach for six years, I’m even more sure of that statement.”Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.center_img Beau Lundlast_img read more

Governor Says It Is Up To Residents To Prevent The Next COVID-19 Shutdown

first_imgImage by Mike Groll/Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo.ALBANY — New York State’s Governor says it is up to residents to prevent the next COVID-19 related shutdown.Governor Andrew Cuomo made the comments during a press briefing on Friday.He says, “slow the spread, stop the shutdown.,” is New York’s new mantra.“I also believe New Yorkers can slow the spread, they can flatten the curve, because I’ve seen it,” Cuomo said. “New York has defied all the odds and New Yorkers did it.” He also believes New Yorkers have learned from the spike in COVID-19 cases after Thanksgiving. But will there be another economic shutdown?“Nobody can answer that question today. They can have opinions. But it is purely up to us because it is up to our actions,” Cuomo said. “There is no destiny here. Destiny is what we make it.”Vaccine distribution is continuing across the state, with 36,800 doses being prepared in Western New York.Cuomo believes that hospitals are ready to deal with an expected surge in hospitalizations due to COVID-19. Right now, in downstate New York, there are 31,000 beds available after a 25% increase in capacity.The Department of Health has said that hospitals must notify the state when they are three weeks from 85% capacity. Right now, no hospital in the state says they are nearing the 85% capacity limit. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window),So how will we know when the vaccine is working, currently there is a 99.7% survival rate unless your over 70….. Will there be a 99.8% survival rate???last_img read more

Chevron awards rig positioning contract in Australia to Neptune

first_imgAustralia-based Neptune Survey has been awarded a five-year rig positioning contract by Chevron Australia, starting in January 2019.As part of the contract, Neptune will support the Chevron-operated Gorgon Stage Two drilling campaign offshore north-western Australia.Neptune will provide Global Navigational Satellite System precise point positioning, mooring chain catenary monitoring and accurate subsea positioning using long baseline acoustic arrays.Neptune Chief Executive Officer, Robin King, said: “It’s a great opportunity for our team and it will also allow Neptune to continue to engage with its local supply chain.”“This key contract award reflects and builds on Neptune’s strong performance, which has seen Neptune provide Chevron Australia with diving and survey services, through our diving Master Service Agreement, since 2016.”Gorgon is one of the world’s largest LNG projects and the largest single resource project in Australia’s history.Located on Barrow Island, Gorgon comprises a three-train, 15.6 million tonnes per annum LNG facility and a domestic gas plant with the capacity to supply 300 terajoules of gas per day to Western Australia.In July 2018 Chevron announced a decision to proceed with future offshore development at the Gorgon natural gas facility. Gorgon stage two is part of the original development plan for Gorgon and includes the expansion of the subsea gas gathering network required to maintain long-term natural gas supply to the 15.6 million tonne per annum (MTPA) LNG plant and domestic gas plant on Barrow Island.This planned future development phase at the Gorgon natural gas facility involves new wells in the Gorgon and Jansz-Io fields, and accompanying offshore production pipelines and subsea structures.last_img read more

Clijsters loses in Mexico in latest comeback

first_img Read Also: Tennis: Federer, Nadal play to record crowd in Cape Town Clijsters went on to win a fourth major at the 2011 Australian Open before a second retirement announcement came after the 2012 US Open. Konta acknowledged she had been star-struck. “As a young player, I never thought I’d get to play Kim Clijsters in my career,” she said. “I feel truly privileged and honored to share the court with such a champion. It’s nice to have her back.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Returning four-time major winner Kim Clijsters lost in the first round of the WTA tournament in Monterrey, Mexico, just her second match of an ambitious comeback after her 2012 retirement. Kim Clijsters of Belgium loses in the first round in Monterrey The 36-year-old Belgian mother of three played her first match in over seven years in Dubai last month where she was defeated by Garbine Muguruza. In the first round in Mexico, a still unranked Clijsters was drawn to face second seed Johanna Konta, the British number one, and went down 6-3, 7-5. “I felt some things were better,” Clijsters said in comments carried by wtatennis.com. “Some things still need a lot of improvement. That’s why it’s good to play matches. In Dubai, I didn’t start well because I was overwhelmed, but today I started and served much better than I did there. “Those are a few of the positive things, and the points that have to be better, I’ll work very hard to improve them for other matches.” Clijsters added: “I’ve been through different generations and played many players throughout my whole career. “I’m still at a stage where I want to focus on what I’m doing and how I’m feeling, and also start reading my opponents. “It’s a process that I have to trust and keep working hard to improve in every match I play. I’d like to take big steps but I have to focus on small step and improving day by day.” Clijsters turned pro in 1997 and first reached number one in 2003, winning her first major at the 2005 US Open, a feat she repeated – after a first retirement – as an unranked wildcard in 2009 and then in 2010.center_img Loading…last_img read more

West Brom secure Premier League promotion

first_imgRelatedPosts Leeds record first Premier League win in seven-goal thriller EPL: Calvert-Lewin treble fires Everton past West Brom Leeds host first Premier League game after 16 years West Bromwich Albion won promotion back to the Premier League after a two-year absence, joining Leeds United in the top flight next season after a 2-2 draw at home to Queens Park Rangers on a drama-filled final day of the Championship season.The point for Slaven Bilic’s side was enough to ensure second-place in England’s second tier after rivals Brentford blew their chance by losing 2-1 at home to lowly Barnsley. A win for Brentford would have sent them into the top division for the first time since 1947.Brentford will go into the playoffs along with Fulham and Cardiff City but Nottingham Forest missed out on goal difference with Swansea City grabbing the last slot in astonishing fashion.Forest were well placed to head into the playoffs but suffered a 4-1 home defeat to Stoke City while Swansea won 4-1 at Reading to pip Forest by a single goal in goal difference.At the bottom, Hull City and Charlton are relegated along with Wigan Athletic.Wigan have had a 12-point penalty imposed on them after going into administration although they can appeal that decision. Barnsley’s victory at Brentford secured survival for the Yorkshire club.Leeds had won the Championship title and secured their return to the Premier League after a 16-year absence.Tags: Leeds UnitedQueen’s Park RangersSlaven BilicWest BromWest Bromwich Albionlast_img read more