Super 30 to now release on July 12

first_imgMumbai: Hrithik Roshan’s long awaited “Super 30” is all set to arrive in the theatres on July 12, the makers have announced. Earlier this month, Hrithik said he was shifting the release date of “Super 30” to save his film from being “desecrated by yet another media circus”. The date was yet to be declared. The actor’s statement came after the release of Kangana Ranaut’s “Mental Hai Kya” was shifted to July 26, only to coincide with the then theatrical arrival of “Super 30”, a claim producer Ekta Kapoor dismissed, saying the decision had nothing to do with Kangana’s equation with Hrithik. Also Read – ‘Will be acting till I die’ “Super 30”, based on the life of mathematician Anand Kumar and his educational programme Super 30, is produced by Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment and Reliance Entertainment. “Arriving early! #Super30 will be releasing on July 12,” the official handle of Reliance Entertainment tweeted on Saturday. In her response to the earlier change in “Super 30” date, Kangana alleged Hrithik was in on the decision from the beginning, calling the statement a “sob story”. Also Read – ‘Always looking for that one great love’ The film has had a tough birth. Earlier, “Super 30” was to scheduled to be released on January 25, the same date as Kangana’s “Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi”. In 2016, Kangana claimed that she and Hrithik were in a relationship but her “Krrish 3” co-star said it was not true. The fight became public after Hrithik sued her and Kangana counter-sued him. “Super 30”, also featuring Amit Sadh, Mrunal Thakur and Nandish Sandhu, found itself at the centre of controversy over allegations of sexual harassment against the film’s director Vikas Bahl last October.last_img read more

Broad coalition launches new global alliance to prevent violence – UN

“Interpersonal violence kills 1,400 people every day and causes untold injuries and suffering. This alliance is uniting a range of organizations and Member States around mutual violence prevention principles and policies and will strengthen our ability to address the problem,” Dr. Lee Jong-wook, Director-General of the UN World Health Organization (WHO), said of the Global Interpersonal Violence Prevention Alliance (GIVPA).The creation of this alliance comes 15 months after the worldwide launch of WHO’s world report on violence and health – the first comprehensive report of its kind to examine violence as a public health problem that causes 1.6 million deaths a year. More than 40 countries have already responded by undertaking violence prevention activities. National reports that examine specific country situations have been initiated in at least 10 others. More than 15 Governments have committed to developing a national plan of action for the prevention of violence. In addition, significant resolutions have been adopted and policy debates have been the focus of several international meetings, including those of the WHO, the African Union, the UN Commission on Human Rights and the World Medical Association. “Our shared understanding of the complex underpinnings of violence is essential to creating solutions that will prevent people from becoming victims and perpetrators,” said Dr. Etienne Krug, Director of WHO’s Department of Injuries and Violence Prevention. “GIVPA will bring together strong partners in research and data collection, training, advocacy and prevention programmes.” “The continuing high trends of violence will not be reversed without this kind of commitment to cooperation and investment in prevention,” he added. At today’s meeting, co-hosted by the Government of the Republic and Canton of Geneva and WHO, leading decision-makers from nearly a dozen countries will examine the progress of violence prevention efforts in the last year and determine ways to continue to turn the report’s recommendations into action. read more