Assam beaten again in Vijay Hazare Trophy

first_imgGUWAHATI: Assam’s poor run in the Vijay Hazare Cricket tournament continued as the side lost to Jharkhand by 8 wickets in Chennai today.Invited to bat, Assam scored 221-9 in their 50 overs. Both the openers Riyan Parag (20) and Parvez Aziz (20) failed to give good start to the innings and when middle order batsmen Gokul Sarma (11) and captain Amit Sinha (7) too returned quickly it looked like Assam was heading for another innings collapse. However Sibsankar Roy, Wasiqur Rahman and Romario Sharma gave good resistance which helped Assam to put fighting total on the board.Wasiqur joined Sibsankar when the score was 71 and the duo added 71 runs on the fifth-wicket partnership. Sibsankar, the top scorer in Assam innings, contributed 46 runs from 78 balls and there were only three boundaries in his innings. Wasiqur took 64 balls to score 43 runs and he hit three boundaries and 2 number of over boundaries in his innings. On the other hand Romario needed just 32 runs to score 42 runs with the help of three boundaries and same number of sixes.Jharkhand reached the target without facing any troubles as both the openers gave solid start to the innings by adding exactly 200 runs in 25.2 overs. Ishan Kishan, who scored a century in the match, required 91 balls to play the 139 runs knock. There were 12 boundaries and 9 sixes in his innings. His opening partner Anand Singh contributed 58 runs (4X9) on the board. Both the wickets, that lost Jharkhand today, was collected by Mukhtar Hussain.last_img read more

Cody commits to another year at the helm

first_imgKilkenny are slated to open their League campaign against Waterford, and have a bye to the Leinster Championship semi finals. Brian Cody remains the man to lead the Kilkenny hurlers for a nineteenth year. The 11-time All Ireland winner was ratified for another year in charge at a meeting of the County Board last night. 62-year old Cody will retain his current backroom team as well. last_img

‘As good as £29m goal scorer’ – Pochettino’s biggest mistake at Tottenham?

first_img Former Tottenham star Iago Falque 1 Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino might be regretting one piece of business he did last summer.When the Argentine boss arrived at White Hart Lane he gave everyone in the squad a chance to impress but soon ousted Michael Dawson, Zeki Fryers and Sandro.But one sale that may have gone under the radar was the club landing £4million from Genoa for former Juventus and Barcelona starlet Iago Falque.Great business it was thought, but now, given regular game time, the Spaniard is starring over in Serie A.In his last eight games, Falque has netted an incredible seven goals and across the campaign has hit 13 in 30 appearances, putting him joint ninth on the top goalscorer list in Italy – the exact same as South American hotshot Paulo Dybala who will join Juventus for a reported £29million.And against Atalanta at the weekend he scored twice including an absolute beauty that was curled into the top corner.You can see the goal below…last_img read more

Popes iPad fetches 30500 at auction

first_imgRelated posts:Pope Francis meets the Castros after mass on iconic Havana square In Castros’ home region, Pope Francis praises Church ‘sacrifices’ Welcome, Pope Francis, and please forgive us our goofs Pope Francis tells bishops that clergy abuse must not be repeated MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay — An iPad that belonged to Argentina-bornPope Francis went under the hammer for $30,500 on Tuesday, autioneers in Uruguay said.Montevideo-based auction house Castells said the winning bid was placed by telephone.Local media threw a spotlight on the iPad last year.The pope gave it — complete with its His Holiness Francis label and a Vatican certificate of authenticity — to an Uruguayan priest as a gift.It ended up being donated to a local school by the priest, before being auctioned off to raise money. Facebook Commentslast_img read more