Man Utd offer Henderson mega £100k-a-week new contract

first_img Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesThe Best Actors To Start Their Careers On SoapsA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?Insane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black HolesThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical His new deal will also come with the option of a further 12 months, which can be activated at any time. SunSport of UK understands there had been interest in Henderson from Chelsea, but no official approach has been made. read also:Mane wins PFA Fans’ POTY award after Henderson, De Bruyne prizes Earlier this week, De Gea, 29, defended his position as United’s goalkeeper after insisting: “I am still the No1. “I trust in myself. I have shown my qualities all the years. So I will just stay available for the manager. “I’m always ready to play and try to help the team, as I have always done.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Manchester United are ready to ramp up the fight for the No1 keeper slot by almost doubling Dean Henderson’s wages. Henderson, 23, is on the verge of signing a mega new four-year Old Trafford deal worth £100,000 a week. The England goalkeeper only signed a new £60k-a-week deal last year and is a clear sign Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants him to battle David De Gea for the No1 spot. It also means United would be splashing out £575k a week just on their goalkeepers, with Spaniard De Gea earning £350k, Sergio Romero (£70k) and Lee Grant (£30k). Henderson had another standout campaign on loan at Sheffield United last season. And the Manchester United academy product’s representatives have been in talks with Old Trafford chiefs over the last few weeks.Advertisementcenter_img Loading… last_img read more

BVI Governor Announces Lockdown as COVID Cases Increase

first_imgJaspert said that with effect from Wednesday, for seven days in the first instance, only those businesses that provide essential services will be open and all other businesses and workplaces must be closed. “We are also asking people to restrict their movements only to those that are essential. The safest thing you can do is to avoid contact with other people as much as possible,” the Governor said. The BVI has recorded one death and 25 positive cases of the virus. “Intensive contact tracing and further testing is underway. The test kits, lab equipment and rapid testing machine supplied by the United Kingdom are contributing to the speed at which this can be done.” He said the public service will be closed to the public and public officers will carry out their duties remotely, except for certain essential services. “There was a previous offer from the UK to help to bolster the Territory’s border security in the early days of COVID-19. That offer was not supported at the time. I will be discussing with the National Security Council what support might now be needed and will update in due course,” he added. ‘Your actions can help protect us all – particularly our elderly and more vulnerable. You must abide by the social distancing advice. Please follow the health guidelines – wear a mask, wash your hands for 20 seconds, limit physical contact with people and comply with other health advice. The Government will do all it deems necessary, but the actions you take will determine how successful we are as a Territory in reducing the spread of the virus.” Jaspert said that this is not a time for selfishness or for thinking you are invincible and cannot spread the virus. “These decisions have been driven by one motivation; to protect you and to protect the overall population of the Territory. Our strategy as a Cabinet throughout has been to put safety first – to be safe rather than sorry. We have to balance the need to keep people safe, to keep our economy going as much as possible and the need for essential services to operate. “In the coming days we have a chance to reverse the risk that the virus takes hold in the Territory. We need everyone’s support on this. Every single one of us is on the front-line in the fight against this virus. Every single one of us can play our part. “The restrictions on movement of vessels within our Territorial waters will remain in place. All private and commercial vessels shall be prohibited from travelling within the Territorial waters, with the exception of fisherfolk where authorised and intra-island ferries. There is no travel permitted to Anegada unless as approved. All other vessels should return to dock.” He told citizens that there will be a “hard curfew” each day from 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. and during that time, persons will be required to stay in their homes or the confines of their yard. He said during the full lockdown earlier this year, the authorities demonstrated that they can effectively deliver services to the public and he remains confident that they can continue to do so. “I know many businesses have also made great strides in enabling staff to work remotely. Working from home for many of us will be the order of the day in the coming period. We have had a period of adaptation and I applaud all those who have changed routines and practices to ensure safe distancing and follow hygiene protocols. There is a risk that with the period of no cases that we had over the last months that some persons may become complacent. This must not happen. “ Governor of the British Virgin Islands (BVI) Augustus Jaspert “As we impose restrictions internally and have strict measures in place for people travelling through the legitimate routes into the Territory, we must ensure that our borders are secure and that people comply with the required measures. The Governor of the British Virgin Islands (BVI) Augustus Jaspert has announced a lockdown of the British Overseas Territory as it seeks to deal with an upsurge in the number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases. The Governor said that people have rightly expressed concern about the small number of individuals who are not following the rules and concerns about the border security. He said that the BVI was now recording further cases of COVID-19 and is now being classified as “having clusters of cases. CMC “All current curfew passes are invalid and new curfew passes will be issued only to the limited list of those requiring them for essential services and whilst on duty. The full list of those essential services will be published on the Government’s website. Companies seeking passes for employees should submit a list for essential workers to the Health Emergency Operations Centre on ministryofhealth@gov.vg.” He said the Cabinet had “debated long and hard on how to avoid a full lockdown, whilst ensuring the safety and protection of the people. Jaspert said that to enable essential services and workers to operate during the hard lock-down period there will be a new curfew pass scheme in place. Jaspert said he is aware that the next period will be difficult, adding “these restrictions will create hardships for those businesses and employees affected. “People will be free to leave their homes during 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (local time) but we ask that you limit this as much as possible and only do so to access essential services and activities,” Jaspert said. “But they are necessary, and we do not undertake them lightly. I am calling on all in the British Virgin Islands to make what we sincerely hope will be short-term sacrifices now, so that we can get through this together. “We have had to make difficult decisions. And I know those decisions will affect people’s livelihoods, their income, businesses and way of life. We need to use this chance we have now to try to halt the virus and that is why we are moving to restricting businesses to only absolutely essential areas. “ The virus will not discriminate between people and we all need to be together in our resolve to give it no chance to spread. That is why we are taking further action as a Government but we are also asking everyone to play their part,” Jaspert said. He said he was also urging all employers of any business that is permitted to be open to be responsible and close in good time to allow their employees and customers time to get home before the curfew.last_img read more

To Contain Ebola in W/A, USAID, CDC Announce Additional Assistance

first_imgThe United States Agency for International Development (USAID) says it will be deploying a Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) to West Africa to coordinate the U.S. Government’s response to the Ebola outbreak.The outbreak has so far sickened more than 1,600 people, and nearly 900 have died from the disease.The team, according to a U.S Embassy statement issued yesterday in Monrovia, will comprise staff from Agency’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance, who will be overseeing critical areas of the response.The response will include  planning, operations, logistics in coordination with other federal agencies, among them the U.S. Departments of Defense and Health and Human Services.Members of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will also serve on the DART to lead on public health and medical response activities, the statement has confirmed.USAID has also announced an additional US$5 million in assistance to help ramp up the international community’s Ebola response efforts.Specifically, the statement said, the funding will go toward the expansion of Ebola outbreak programs, which the Agency is already supporting in Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia.Accordingly, these programs help trace people who may be infected with the disease, as well as provide health clinics and households with hygiene kits, soap, bleach, gloves, masks, and other supplies to help prevent the spread of disease.USAID is also supporting outreach campaigns to provide information on Ebola and its symptoms to the general public and health workers in affected countries that may not be familiar with the disease.The statement said that these messages are being conveyed through radio, text messages, and through local media.In addition to the new funding, USAID has provided US$2.1 million to the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Educational Fund (UNICEF) for the deployment of more than 30 technical experts, and other Ebola response efforts.The USAID is primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid in response to President Obama’s pledge in his last year’s State of the Union Address to “join with our allies to eradicate extreme poverty, and other diseases in the next two decades.”It has adopted as its mission statement “to partner to end extreme poverty and to promote resilient, democratic societies, while advancing the security and prosperity of the United States.President John F. Kennedy, in whose memory Liberia’s  major referral hospital, the JFK Medical Center, is  named, created USAID in 1961 by executive order to implement development assistance programs in the areas authorized by the Congress in the Foreign Assistance Act.  America’s development assistance before 1961 was channeled through the International Cooperation Administration (ICA).Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more