Trainer Mick Winters claimed back-to-back runnings of the Guinness Galway Hurdle as dual-purpose mare Missunited struck gold in the hands of Robbie Power. Press Association Power said: “The race worked out 100%. It’s not often things work out in a 20-runner handicap. I jumped off and I got a lovely position. When I gave her smack after the last she quickened up and put her head down. “Mick was very confident, very bullish, and said the ground wouldn’t be an issue. To win the race two years in a row with two different horses is unbelievable.” Winters said: “The mare is Flat-bred and the owner was anxious about letting her take her chance here. I’ve just been terribly lucky to have herself and Rebel Fitz. This one stays and I was confident enough when she hit the front. “It’s super to win it back to back. Last year I had to muck out the next morning but this year I’m prepared and I have a few on to work. “Jason Maguire was asked to ride but he couldn’t do the weight. Martin Ferris did a good job schooling her but the owners wanted someone that was there before. “I had this race mapped out for her for 12 months and now I’d love to see her coming up the hill in Cheltenham. The only mare that I’d be afraid of in the country is Annie Power. “The mare will now go for a Listed race in the Curragh over a mile and three-quarters in two weeks’ time.” The genial County Cork handler landed a gamble 12 months ago with stable star Rebel Fitz, successful over fences earlier on the card, and this year’s challenger was a leading contender at 7-1. Never too far off the pace, the six-year-old scooted clear from the home turn and safely negotiated the final flight to secure victory by three and three-quarter lengths. Flaxen Flare filled the runner-up spot ahead of Make Your Mark and Drive Time, who finished third and fourth respectively.
A SECOND century of the season for Dwayne Smith set up a crucial 29-run victory for the Barbados Tridents against St Lucia Stars in Match 27 of the 2017 Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) on Thursday night. The victory keeps the Tridents in the hunt for a final spot and ensures the Stars end their season without a win.After winning the toss the Tridents promoted Nicholas Pooran to open the batting for only the third time in his T20 career and he justified their decision in an explosive 20-ball 36.While Dwayne Smith struggled for fluency early on Pooran displayed his power and timing as he struck two sixes and four fours. When he was dismissed with two balls remaining in the Powerplay – duped by a well-disguised slower ball from Obed McCoy – he had scored more than 80% of the Tridents’ runs.In the six overs after the Powerplay the Tridents began to lose their way. First Kane Williamson was brilliantly stumped by Andre Fletcher down the leg side off the bowling of Rahkeem Cornwall and then Kieron Pollard mis-timed a rank short ball from Cornwall in the twelfth over to leave the Tridents 83 for 3 after 11.3 overs.Having struggled for timing in the Powerplay, Smith then begun to find his range, striking his first six in the 12th over and another a few balls later before taking 22 off a Shane Watson over to really get the innings moving.Smith lost his partner, Eoin Morgan, but continued unabated scoring boundaries on both sides of the ground, pulling well off the back foot and driving with typical aplomb off the front foot.The Stars have struggled to restrict run-scoring in the death overs this season and their weakness was once again exposed as Smith punished some wayward lines. 28 runs came from the 18th and 19th overs before a 42-minute stoppage due to a floodlight failure which delayed the bowling of the last over.When they eventually returned Watson struggled to bowl the right length and Christopher Barnwell and Smith took 22 from the over, with Smith reaching his century with consecutive sixes. Watson finished with figures of 0 for 55 from just three overs and the Tridents with 195 for 5 – the equal highest total at Kensington Oval.The Stars innings started in frenetic fashion when Andre Fletcher hit a six and a four in the opening over before mis-timing a short ball from Ravi Rampaul to Eoin Morgan in the deep. Watson briefly threatened to get going, scoring 22 before pulling a Wahab Riaz short ball to mid-wicket. Three Cornwall boundaries helped the Stars to 54 for 2 after six overs.The relaxing of the field restrictions did nothing to slow Cornwall who cleared the ropes three times in the two overs after the Powerplay and moved to his fifty in the 11th over, off just 26 balls. Johnson Charles struggled for fluency and timing and scored just 13 off 20.Cornwall was having no such troubles however and continued to find the boundary regularly enough to keep the run rate in check. He should have been dismissed in the 9th over when he picked out Barnwell at long off who dropped the catch.With five overs remaining and 59 required Cornwall begun to show signs of tiring, complicating the Stars strategy. Running between the wickets ceased to be an option and after the equation had been reduced to 48 off 16 balls Cornwall decided to retire, allowing Darren Sammy to come in.Two balls later Marlon Samuels picked out Pollard on the boundary. In the face of a spiralling run rate and some tight death bowling the Stars were unable to stay with the Tridents and eventually fell short by 29 runs. (CPLT20)
As part of effort to ensure convenience for participants in the 2016 Africa Beach Soccer Cup of Nations, the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the tournament is constructing a 3,000 capacity seating Arena.The Beach Soccer Nations Cup, a championship of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), will hold in Lagos at the Eko Atlantic City from 13-18 December.Chairman, Sub Committee on Facilities for the competition, Mr Bolaji Yusuf said the organizers identified the Eko Atlantic City, which is closed to the Palace of Oniru on Victoria Island, as a situable site for the event, adding that for the convenience of players, officials and fans, a 3,000 seating Arena comprises 120 VVIP seats, 500 VIP seats and 1,400 regular seats with rooms for referee’s lounge, players, dressing room, medical points, doping control centre, CAF/LOC centre, media centre, training pitch and fans zone for entertainment will be constructed before the kickoff date of the championship. Yusuf, who is the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on sports Facilities to the Governor of Lagos State said: “Special security has been inculcated into the building plan to ensure adequate security for the tournament.“The site has been cleared and floodlights are expected to arrive the country in the next couple of days as they had been pre-ordered.“The Arena will be ready to host the eight nations and give residents and visitors an experience to savour for a very long time,” he said.Nigeria will face Egypt, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire in Group A of the competition, while defending champions Madagascar will battle Libya, Morocco and Senegal in Group B.The tournament will serves as Africa’s qualifying event for the 2017 FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup taking place in The Bahamas.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
“[This scholarship] will make it easier for a few students to afford to come to USC and study real estate,” Green said. “If we could get even one or two students that we otherwise couldn’t get because of cost, that’s a win.” According to Knott, Haddad hopes the discussions will help start a larger conversation regarding climate change, sustainability and the environment between USC and surrounding communities to create change. Andy Kim, a sophomore studying real estate, expressed the importance of sustainability in real estate for himself and for Price. Green said the donation will fund student scholarships and a series of talks on sustainable communities. “One of the public areas of public policy I feel that should be publicized more is actually sustainability,” Kim said. “I’m very happy to hear that [Haddad] is able to give such a generous donation for Price to really talk about sustainability more.” Price Dean Jack Knott and Lusk Center Director Richard Green said the donation will help support faculty hires in the real estate program, which has grown in recent years. Price hopes to hire another senior faculty member in the program and will use the funds to help pay for this person’s research and other expenses. “We now have a large undergraduate major in real estate and a master’s degree in real estate, so we’re hiring additional real estate faculty,” Knott said. “Students are going to be involved in this,” Knott said. “We’re going to hold a series of events that [Haddad] likes to call dialogues, with key stakeholders to change behavior and change policy.” FivePoint donated $1 million to the Price School of Public Policy last week. Emile Haddad, the chairman and CEO of FivePoint, made the donation to encourage more conversation regarding sustainability. A portion of the gift will fund “disruptive dialogues,” which Knott said will focus on innovation within sustainable development. The Price School of Public Policy received a $1 million donation from real estate company FivePoint last week to encourage sustainability discussions. (Daily Trojan file photo) “[Haddad] wants to initiate a set of dialogues between the University and the development community and the government on what these communities would look like, what kind of regulations and zoning we would need to make this happen [and] what kind of mindset and goals private developers should have in order to achieve these kinds of sustainable communities,” Knott said.
Raj Sarkar Written By First Published: 19th December, 2019 09:07 IST WATCH US LIVE LIVE TV Former featherweight titleholder Max Holloway has been a great champion, as he went on to retain his featherweight gold for more than two years before losing it against Alexander Volkanovski at the very recent UFC 245. Well, the Hawaiian has accepted his defeat gracefully and his classy approach towards the new featherweight king has made all his fans go crazier over him. Despite a controversial decision in the defeat, Max Holloway posted on Instagram in which he praised Alexander Volkanovski for showing the heart of a champion.Also Read | UFC Star Max Holloway Says Judges Made Him CRY Twice This YearUFC 245: Max Hollway’s classy Instagram postMax ‘Blessed’ Holloway did not agree to the judge’s scorecard but that did not snap away his respect for Alexander Volkanovski’s fighting spirit. The former featherweight champion delivered a classy message on Instagram which made a lot of celebrities and UFC fans go gaga. Max Holloway posted a picture of himself and Alexander Volkanovski in the fight and captioned: “ He (Alexander Volkaanovski) was willing to fight for an interim belt. If he (Alexander Volkanovski) couldn’t fight me he was willing to fight anybody even fighters below him. When you’re a champ everybody is below you so Alex was carrying the weight of the belt before Dana wrapped it around his waist. Happy for Alex and Emma and their daughters, and Australia. Same ocean, different waves. See you in the line up again”. No wonder, UFC fans, and celebrities loved the classy ‘Max Holloway’ as Dan Bilzerian, Dustin Poirier, Michael Bisping, and Megan Olivi praised him. Take a look at Max Holloway’s post: FOLLOW US Also Read | Conor McGregor Reacts To Kamaru Usman’s Title Defense Against Colby Covington At UFC 245UFC 245: What’s next for Max Holloway?Another title run, that’s it. Max Holloway clearly said that he is going to hunt for the title once again as he is just 28 now. The former featherweight champion is interested to contest for it again with Alexander Voolkanovski and Dana White has also given his consent for the fight. Let us see if the highly anticipated re-match gets materialized any time soon or not. SUBSCRIBE TO US Last Updated: 19th December, 2019 09:07 IST UFC: Max Holloway’s Classy Post For Alexander Volkanovski Despite Loss Wins Fans Over Despite losing against Alexander Volkanovski, Max Holloway has shown his respect for the UFC champion and the whole of Australia. Know what Max Holloway said. COMMENT Also Read | UFC: Kamaru Usman Takes Potshots At Colby Covington Ahead Of UFC 245Also Read | UFC Salaries: Conor McGregor, Khabib, Nate Diaz Salary Revealed
The second week of the GN Bank Division One League matches produced some interesting results across the country.The league tables in the three zones are taking shape as the teams begin to fight for the three slots into the Ghanaian topflight League.Below are the results of matches played in all three zones :ZONE ONESUN ESPERANCE 0-0 GUAN UNITEDSUN BEREKUM ARSENAL FC 4-0 BOLGA MAN CITYSUN UNITY FC 0-0 GALAXY SUN BERLIN FC 1-0 TECHIMAN CITY FCSUN BOLGA ALL STARS 0-0 WA AFRICAN UTDSAT TAMALE ALL STARS 2-2 UTRECHTSUN BOFOKWA TANO 1 – 0 AMANJANDESUN TAMALE STADIUM RTU 5-2 JAPEKUROM MPUASOMAH FC ZONE TWOSUN DWARFS 2-1 GOLD STARSSUN WESLEY PARK SAMOSA FC 0-0 KING FAISALSAT WINDY PROFS 0-0 DUNKWA UTDSAT DEPORTIVO 3-0 ELEVEN WISE SUN KARELA 3-2 TARKWA UTDSUN STARKE 4-0 PROUD UTDUTDSUN CORNERSTONE 2-0 SAMARTEXSUN ELMINA SHARKS 1-0 WASSAMAN UTDZONE THREE SUN MIGHTY JET 4-0 HOT STEEL FCSUN AQUINAS SPORTING MIRREN 2-2 INSTANBUL F.C.SAT D’ANBORT 0-1 D’INTERNATIONALSUN AMIDAUS FC 0-1 K SOLOMONSUN OKWAWU UTD FC 1-0 TEMA YOUTH FC SAT R ATHLETICO 1-1DREAMS F.C.SUN KOTOKU ROYALS 1-0 PRESTIGE F.C.SAT NANIA F.C. 0-1 PURE JOY–
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error After team doctors diagnosed Lakers center Timofey Mozgov on Thursday with a soft tissue contusion around his left eye, the Lakers (2-3) have listed him as doubtful for Friday’s game against the Golden State Warriors (3-1) at Staples Center.Mozgov was told Thursday tests turned out negative for any fracture and a concussion. He missed Wednesday’s win in Atlanta after the results of a CT scan were considered inconclusive.The 7-foot-1 Russian was poked in his left eye and suffered a laceration in his mouth during Tuesday’s loss in Indiana.Pacers guard Jeff Teague struck Mozgov’s mouth inadvertently with his elbow with 9:44 left in the third quarter, resulting in Mozgov receiving four stitches to close a gap on his lip. Mozgov returned with 3:59 left in the quarter, only for Indiana forward Lavoy Allen to poke him in his left eye accidentally as he fouled him. Mozgov left the game with 2:36 left in the third period.Mozgov attended the Lakers’ game in Atlanta in street clothes and wore glasses to protect his swollen left eye.Mozgov, who the Lakers signed last summer to a four-year, $64 million deal, has averaged 8.5 points and 6.0 reboundsLakers rookie center Ivica Zubac started in place of Mozgov against Atlanta and matched up with former Lakers center Dwight Howard. Zubac had six points on three-of-three shooting, though he also collected four fouls.
A joint press conference was held on the occasion of the rematch of the first qualifying round of the European League between FC Željezničar and Balzan.The heads of professional staffs, Milomir Odović and Olivier Spiteri, as well as their captains, Marijan Antolović and Dylan Grima addressed the media.Spiteri said that everyone is so welcoming and kind, and that it is so nice to be in Sarajevo.“When it comes to the match, we are expecting a tough game. Željo is a great club for us, we know a lot about our opponent, and the result of the first match is making us difficult time. We are not here on holidays, we came here to play the best we can,” said Spiteri.The captain, Dylan Grima said that the match will not be easy at all for Balzan.“We are expecting a tough game, but as our coach said, we will play the best we can. For many players, this is their first appearance in Europe and our main goal is to gather some experience.”Tickets can be purchased on the day of the match on the stadium Grbavica on Ferhadija, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on the Koševo stadium from 6 p.m. until the start of the match. Ticket prices for the match will be as following: 5 BAM for South stand, 8 BAM for the East stand, 10 BAM to the West stand and 15 BAM for the VIP gallery. (Source: nap.ba)
On Feb. 26, the kittens were separated from their mother for their initial neonatal exam, from which the zoo determined the litter consisted of one female and one male kitten.“Since that time, the kittens have continued to develop well while remaining in seclusion with their mother,” according to Magill. The kittens were again separated for their initial vaccines and to observe their development.“Both offspring appear to be thriving and the mother continues to be attentive and nursing them on a regular basis,” says Magill.Zoo Miami is closed to the public due to the coronavirus pandemic and is taking extra precautions to protect their animals.In addition to their regular care, the zoo is “stepping into disinfecting footbaths prior to entering any feline area” and will be wearing “masks and gloves while working in those areas.” Zoo Miami’s Ron Magill is ecstatic about the recent birth of two adorable clouded leopard kittens. He talked exclusively to the South Florida Morning Show about the adorable, “highly endangered” new additions to his zoo family.Magill says the kittens were born to mother Serai and father Rajasi on Feb. 11 — the second successful litter for both parents.Along with their announcement, the zoo shared several heartwarming photos of the fuzzy animals, showing off their large eyes and tiny tongues.Following their birth, the two kittens were placed in a den to be secluded with their mother as to “avoid any external stress and to allow proper bonding.”Zoo Miami is excited to announce the successful births of highly endangered clouded leopards. The two kittens were born on February 11th and have been secluded in a den with their mother since then to avoid any external stress and allow proper bonding. :@RonMagill pic.twitter.com/R4yhDe6dlc— Zoo Miami (@zoomiami) April 7, 2020
Advertisement zyNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs3zcbWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E73idv( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) c7rWould you ever consider trying this?😱1fiCan your students do this? 🌚j2dt1Roller skating! Powered by Firework A day before the 2nd T20I game between India and Bangladesh, Rohit Sharma claimed that T20 cricket is the perfect platform to try out young emerging players before moving them to ODIs and Tests. On Thursday, the Indian skipper was asked about the lack of success for India in T20Is. The Men in Blues won their last home series in 2018 and since then, have been beaten by Australia and drew a series 1-1 with South Africa. In the latest three-match series against Bangladesh, they again trail the series by 0-1.Advertisement Image Courtesy: Inkhabar“This is the format where we are trying a lot of players. The key players are not involved (in this series) so we are trying the younger players who are sitting on the fringe. That is one of the reasons, because in other formats we have our entire squad playing,” Rohit answered.He then went on to assert the importance of several new faces in T20Is, “This is the format where you can try (new players), and there is no harm in doing that. We have seen a lot of players who have emerged from this format, who have gone on to play ODI and Test formats.”Advertisement There is a serious warning for cyclone ‘Maha’ in Rajkot, but Rohit said that his focus is to win games.“We have to win, that is the first priority. But these guys will learn from it. That is how all of us want. This is the format to try for all these guys who are emerging,” he concluded.Advertisement Advertisement